Monday 23 January 2012

Make sure to read Dyna's last post... many of us... (or all of us) will find this very familiar.



Make sure to read Dyna's last post... many of us... (or all of us) will find this very familiar.


And it also reminded me about the reason I opened this group in the first place.


http://xdynax.blogspot.com/2012/01/when-life-gives-you-lemons-you-make.html?showComment=1327332474241#c8703471921540564528



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


My own comments on the matter... cause this post really hit a personal:


Reading this really helped me honestly... so much in common...

For some reason when it comes to music, it seems that friends and family are the least supportive or encourage you. Out of all the arts here in Malta. Not only the lack of encouragement. But the total almost "snobbish" approach and dismissal towards your music they take, makes you feel like you're the stupidest person alive..

You can see the big difference when a new, foreign amateur artist emerges on youtube the few dozens of initial followers he has before even posting a single track... all friends and family no doubt... even if they dont like his music, they stick together to give him that extra boost.

Look at maltese music channels... totally different story. 2 or 3 supporters at most... with a facebook friends list of over 300... doesn't make sense.

Mind you... I'm not saying that someone must gain credit or exposure they do or do not deserve... I'm saying that when it comes to music on this island... for some mysterious reason... the artist is instantly put down by most ppl surrounding him/her... even if they themselves are fans of the genre...

What I just wrote is mainly the reason why I formed this group and blog... almost out of anger... so if there is SOMEONE - ANYONE who wants to indulge his/her talent... whether they're good or not... there is someone... one person who supports you, one person that listens. Even if it's someone you don't know! Just because no passion should even be destroyed.

I'm REALLY, HONESTLY happy about what you wrote Dyna

"But - I LOVE doing it.
and it just feels right."

And wanted to let you know that I passed through the same exact thing ... difference is that I don't sing (thank god)

And I've also heard your first song videos (3 if not mistaken) when I first found your blog, and you did show talent in my humble opinion that is!

Keep it up xbin! Best of luck! If you need an extra push here and there, let us know.


( PS: I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes, however I really have to type this fast since I'm at work :P ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment